2 Şubat 2012 Perşembe

A book as a semester homework. What a pity ! ( First Impressions)



When I've first heard about the book that we are supposed to read during the semester,I felt sick about it,cause we all know that the books which are given from the school are usually so boring that you can't enjoy reading.But it seems like this book will change my mind.
 Holes is about a boy named Stanley Yelnats (yeah you're right,his last name is his first name backward),who is accused of stealing a pair of famous shoes (the fact is that he's as innocent as a baby).





  Stanley Yelnatswas given a choice.The judge said, ''You may go to jail,or you may go to Camp Green Lake.'' ( p.9  , s.18-19 )


 If I were Stanley,I would make the exactly same choice,because he had no idea about how bad the Camp Green Lake could be.Despite its name suggests some place like a pretty forest land,in reality we can describe it more like a desert with deadly animals such as rattlesnakes,scorpions and yellow-spotted lizards.The boys have to dig holes everday in the face of hot sun.

 If you want to learn more about Holes,wait until I write my second entry. I suggest you all read the book or at least watch the movie.I assure you,that it won't be a waste of time.Although the main characters are teenagers,this book appeals to the taste of almost everybody.

Enjoy yourself !
Ciao



There is the trailer of the movie, incase you're interested in.
W:227

2 yorum:

  1. A good beginning. I'm eager to see the upcoming entries.

    YanıtlaSil
  2. that's gonna be legend ... wait for it ... dary

    YanıtlaSil