9 Şubat 2012 Perşembe

Analysis


I finally finished my book. As I foresaw in my first entry this book changed my mind. I don't think anymore that the book homeworks are boring. This book is absolutely the most riveting book that I have ever read as an assignment. Although there are unkown words in the book, I was able to guess them from context easily. For example I didn't know the meaning of ''cereal'',but I easily understood that it's some kind of classic breakfast food. The most tasteful thing for breakfast is Cornflakes for me and when I searched the word in google images I wasn't suprised that it means my favorite breakfast food. Although the cereal in Camp Green Lake couldn't be as tasteful as my cereal,I felt happy for Stanley.



Let's talk about Louis Sachar. I think our author knows how to play with words. I can't say he's an expert like Shakespeare but he doesn't make unneccessary descriptions and this property makes the book pithy. The method that he used in the last parts of the book is really creative. There's a chapter in the past and there is a chapter in the present time .It made my reading enjoyable.


Basicly this book has common themes such as friendship, justice, destiny, love and treasure hunt. I can find several books,which includes those themes but I think Holes could be in the top 5 due to its entraining manner of telling the story.






There's one particular thing that I don't like about the novel. I think Louis Sachar is too optimistic and it affects his writing. Everybody likes happy endings but if you make every good person happy and every bad one sad in the end. It's silly. Our kind hearted writer believes that '' The good always prevails'' and he expresses it quite successfuly but he's not one hundred percent successful at making us believe in his idea ,because there's too many miracles. Finding the sploosh and onions, escaping deadly lizards, the invention of Stanley's father and the perfect timing are miracles. If he could have expressed his idea in a more realistic way,he could have made me believe in his optimistic of view. But being realistic about this idea is imposible since we can never say ''always''. Sometimes the good wins and sometimes the evil does...


W: 385


Hiç yorum yok:

Yorum Gönder